register | confirm account | forgot password
Tanya Eklund: MLS Agent
RE/MAX Real Estate (Central)
206, 2411 - 4TH Street N.W., Calgary, Alberta
P: 403.216.1600
F: 403.410.3079
1 - 1 of 1

Friday, April 13, 2012 -

House vs. Condo Insurance

Whether you own a home or a condo, a jet, yacht, Winnebago or a great set of legs you need insurance. Life happens and disaster may strike you need to be covered. When purchasing a house or a condo you will need a particular type of insurance. For example once you have purchased a condo you will need to call your insurance company and let them know you need specifically condo insurance. Even though “insurance” is included in most condo fees the insurance that is covered is building insurance and does not cover the cost of the actual materials used to build the interior such as cupboards, flooring, countertops, faucets, etc.  If you do not have these types of items insurance and there is a fire or a flood you may be left under insured with only a structure of walls and pipes left. House and condo insurance are two different types of insurance and it is important to clarify which type you need. You would also need to specify if you have a “bare land condo” even if it appears to be a free standing house.

posted in General at Fri, 13 Apr 2012 15:52:55 -0600

1 - 1 of 1
Free Form HTML
Widget that allows you to enter free form html.
This site's content is the responsibility of Tanya Eklund: MLS Agent , licensed Agent(s) in the Province of Alberta. The trademarks REALTOR®, REALTORS®, MLS®, Multiple Listing Service®, and the associated logos are controlled by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) and identify real estate professionals who are members of CREA.
© 2014, All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy | REALTOR® Websites by RealPageMaker